Due to our recent move halfway across the country, I’ve done a LOT of listening to music while packing/unpacking/relaxing by the pool to recharge after all that packing and unpacking. 😉
I already shared my main playlist for Blood and Water, but there are so many more songs that went into that novel (some I’m still discovering that fit so perfectly with a scene or mood), and even more that encapsulate particular characters. Why not share them??
I figured I’d start things off with my personal favorite (don’t tell the others): Maiken. Solvi’s older sister is brusque and fierce, with a surprisingly tender side she only shows when absolutely necessary (or when she’s alone with her man).
- Confidant* – Demi Lovato (because if there’s one pop song that screams “Maiken” for me, it’s this)
- Born For Greatness – Papa Roach (or maybe this one)
- Beggin for Thread – BANKS
- I Am Alive – Stevie McRorie
- Hunt You Down* – Kesha
- So Pissed – Bohnes
- Lion – Saint Mesa (I imagine this is what Maiken would listen to to get pumped up before battle)
- Bad Preachers – Saint Claire
- Don’t Kill My Vibe – Sigrid
- Walk Through the Fire – Klergy (obviously a song for her husband, Dag, but it could fit her relationship with Solvi, too)
- The Optimist – Adam French
- Religion – Colton Avery
*denotes songs with explicit content.
The entire playlist (with possibly a few extras) can be found here